I thought some of you might enjoy seeing a little bit behind the scenes of this website. I try to be as open as possible with my process, maybe you can learn along with me or help me improve my workflow!
This is a screenshot of what it looks like while I’m sorting the timeline. This comes after I’ve gotten all my dates and made any notes about sequence (for Madame Xanadu, for example, it says to date the first volume to February 1940 because of a certain event at the very end).
Then I can drag the window across my second monitor (you can see that I’ve got one widescreen and one standard monitor set up right now) and start moving things around with the new books.
The left iteration of the database is where I’m pulling from and I’m moving them into the timeline on the right. They’re both in the same worksheet (you can see blackest night above the ones I’m pulling from, which is where my sort currently ends.)