I changed some more stuff in the backend to let me check off whether a book’s database entry is complete. I’d been using the covers as a kind of indication of this, but since I kept adding new features and custom fields, it’s not really an accurate accounting anymore. Plus this way, I can add covers and not have to double check the book later – I have an easy way of telling which ones are totally tagged and filled out.
I think it’s a pretty great system, because it means I can add covers to any book and spruce up the looks of the site a bit! Far too many books are lacking.
For this tiny update, I’ve added covers to the following books:
Just messing about making sure everything works properly. Hopefully I’ll get the time to do a bunch at once soon – maybe while I’m scanning film.
Seems ok so far, though I think the 100 books per page may be making the site run slower overall. Not sure if it’s worth the trade off.