I had to do this one by one, so I updated some of the terms and double checked them while I was at it. The DC Series dropdown in the right sidebar works now, which should make navigating to those lists a tad easier.
The unfortunate downside of all of this is that a lot of off site links just won’t work anymore. I did my best to fix every internal link through some find/replace scripts (I think I got 18 in the blog posts and 9 in the taxonomy descriptions.)
Just to make sure, I’m going to go through and update the series descriptions and double check them.
I’ve got to do something similar to this for changing the tags to a custom DC Character taxonomy (which would free up tags for use in blog posts.) But there’s more than a thousand of those, so I’ve decided to wait until someone makes a bulk plugin for that mess.