Up Down

That took a little bit, but I’ve finished adding DC books to my collection! Including Vertigo and Unplaced Books, I’ve got 1252 DC books on my shelves! What about you?

I’m psyched about this – I’ve been estimating the number for years, since I was too lazy to make a separate excel file for just owned (vs owned and looking for all in one file).. let alone count by hand.

Going through, I made a couple corrections:

Elseworlds: Superman: Speeding Bullets (Title was mispelled.)

DC Animated: Teen Titans Go! Vol. 4: Ready for Action! (Digest) (Accidentally placed very far from where it should have been.)

The Little Endless Storybook (Deleted two redundant entries – must have been a database upload error.)

Now that there are a ton of books on my collection listing, I’m able to see how it preforms with loading a huge list.

It’s not too fast, but not deadly slow either. Once in a while it can’t load the whole thing, so it messes up and the formatting collapses. Refreshing solves the problem.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with it! It’s cool to see the whole thing alphabetically too, I’ve never seen my collection listed in that way!

Want to stay up to date? Click here to subscribe to updates by RSS!
You can also sign up to get updates by Email!
« | »

2 Comments Post New »

1. tightsandcapes wrote on at July 12, 2010 1:48 am:

Haha, this is great, another person crazy enough to collect all of the DC trades! :) Well I don’t have all of the archives, showcases or prestige editions but I know I have over 1000 books in my collection. I have read 450 so far with more arriving every month, it’s fun tryin to keep up. Wow, what an endeavor you have acheived here, I am sure I will discover books I don’t have yet. Thanks!

[Reply]

Ian replied on July 12th, 2010 at 3:08 pm:

Awesome! I was reasonably sure that I wasn’t the only one out there, but I’m also pretty sure there are only a handful of us. It’s a pretty daunting task!

Just showcase books is almost a whole bookshelf, by the way, so if you ever decide to add those to your collection make sure you have room! They’re not that expensive to collect, but they take up a healthy amount of space.

I was doing ok, reading 4 or 5 books a day, but then I started making this website and now I’m INSANELY behind, haha. That’s ok though, once I’ve got the site going, the most important orders up, and am just doing reviews and fleshing out the content – I’ll be back to reading a lot again. And it’s given me time to fill in my pre-crisis gaps so I can really start from the beginning!

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have finished the public user pages and we’ll be able to share our collection lists! :D

PS. Welcome! If you’re anywhere near as obsessive as I am, I’m sure you’ll be an extremely valuable addition to the site! :)

[Reply]

Trackbacks and Related Posts

Content from other blogs and on this site that links back to this post.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Registered users may edit their comments past the 5 minute limit. [Register] [Login] [Logout]
HTML is allowed, but posts containing more than two links or sketchy code will be held for moderation.

« | »